Recover and Restore Lost Firefox Bookmarks With a Simple Trick

Recover and Restore lost firefox bookmarks:I have lost all of my firefox bookmarks(firefox 2.0) and found !!!My Pc was improperly shutdown yesterday due to power failure.Today morning when I opened mozilla firefox , I discovered all my bookmarks were missing.. After some search I found my bookmarks saved here…

(You should enable show hidden files option to see)
C:/Documents and Settings/user name/Application Data/Mozilla/Firefox/profiles/z58ev2bl.default/bookmarksbackups



Then to restore the bookmarks I have used a simple trick: Open Firefox window->Bookmarks->Organize Bookmarks->File->Import->From file->My computer-> C:/->Documents and Settings->User name->Application Data->Mozilla->Firefox->profiles->z58ev2bl.default->bookmarkbackups

Replace “user name” with your username and “z58ev2bl.default “ with your profile name if you have

Select recent saved bookmarks from the list of bookmarks shown .That’s it.All your bookmarks restored to your browser window…
[Want to create firefox bookmarks backup?Read our post on 4 ways to create backup your firefox bookmarks ]



NOTE :Chances there to loss the bookmarks saved on the day you lost your bookmarks.Try previous day backup if it doesn’t show any bookmarks .

Update:You can also try bookmarks html file in your profile to restore lost bookmarks

Do you find this post useful? Then don't miss our regular updates.Do read our posts in your inbox or subscribe to our Rss Feed




Related Posts






1 comments:

StorageCraft said...

I have heard a lot many methods to recover the data from the Firefox but no one worked properly. But when i tried his one i actually found that i was able to do it.

Post a Comment